The Importance of Business Techniques
“you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you’re doing” – W. Edwards Deming (1900-1993 if you can’t describe what)
What are business systems?
Business systems are documented procedures setting out just how your organisation functions. These are typically procedures, frequently combining actions taken by individuals plus some as a type of automatic application, organised in a way to be able to meet a given group of company goals. Such systems can generally occur without the business founder / owner’s direct action, over and over again, as efficiently possible.
Samples of procedures can include how your staff should respond to the phone, how they take and give messages; the process for increasing, approving, placing and receiving requests; the process for producing, checking and delivering out client invoices, in addition to receiving repayments and following up on outstanding bills etc.
Regardless of the size or form of your company, it is likely you curently have set procedures in place covering numerous functions within your organization, which employees follow out of habit or as directed by their manager / manager.
Company systems are the manual for your needs; the “know-how” of any continuing business that numerous business founders / owners often hold within their mind, and now have not got round to putting onto paper.
Why implement business systems?
There are lots of reasons and just as many benefits for having founded and documented systems in your business, a few of which include the following:
1. They provide a framework for your operations and an effective structure to support your company.
2. they consistency that is improve manufacturing, distribution, customer service, after-sales care etc.
3. They improve results and/or efficiency, because you along with your employees do not have to re-invent the wheel each and every time.
4. They provide a much better work environment for your employees, as an effective system will donate to making clear roles and duties along with providing staff with some instructions to reference.
5. They ensure compliance with legislation, safety regulations or any other appropriate requirement specific to your kind of business operations.
6. They provide your online business the ability to expand and they facilitate business growth, because they can make your company more appealing to virtually any investor that is potential buyer.
Just what system works best?
Though there are similarities across numerous functions, such as Accounts, Human Resources, Sales, Stores, Logistics etc., unfortunately there is no body ideal, one size fits all system that actually works for several organizations. Any system will have to integrate the business’s company objectives, its people and the real way it provides its products.
You should have a well-designed system, customised to your style of procedure, and considered by individuals at all amounts inside the organisation.
Such a system will be more probably be followed by all employees, since they have already been tangled up in its design, and additionally they realize the worthiness that having a system in position brings to your quality of their work therefore the solution they supply to clients.
One point to consider is the fact that having great individuals using badly designed systems – or no systems – is likely to lead to an under-performing business. On the other hand, great systems without good individuals will not work either, thus the benefit that is additional of workers in designing a system, or simply in documenting the processes they truly are after.
Similarly therefore, workers who’ve been competed in your organization systems also needs to feel empowered sufficient therefore they just have to follow a given script without using their head that they don’t feel.
Because of this, it is critical to encourage feedback not just from your customers, but additionally from your own employees and to make use of such feedback to review and to constantly enhance and develop your online business systems.
Exactly what do you consider of the advantages of having company systems?
Do you have systems in position in your organisation?
Do you really need advice about implementing business systems in your organisation?